MyPoints Retail Deal Share
Deal share was probably one of the last product I worked on, while I was at MyPoints. The product was based on GroupOn concepts, where a group of buyers can take advantage of a great offer as a group. The differentiator here was that we (MyPoints), would promote offers from our affiliate partners, through our member-base. Then we would give an incentive to participating members by prompting them to share the offers in Facebook and Twitter.
Valuer Prop for MyPoints members:
- MyPoints presents great, limited time, deals from top retailers everyday.
- These deals are so great, you’ll want to share them with friends.
- When 3 of your friends buy, you get X amount of money.
- For prospect members:, they will see a great deal from friends they know and trust
- They’re prompt to joint MyPoints for free to buy the offer.
- They will earn points for shopping online, through MyPoints.
For MyPoints salesforce and affiliate partners, this was a distribute and promote a great deal through 9 million members and their friends. See, perhaps you saw the GAP is running an up to 60% off Winter Sale. Well, MyPoints will work representative from the GAP to help them get this offer viral, as quickly as possible.